Skip to main content

You're More Than Your Illness

Hello Everyone!

I made it, kind of. It’s the last day of me posting every day of the week for M.E and Fibro Awareness Week. I’m going to try post something more fun next time to counter act for all this although I’ve tried to be up beat some days. I just hope this has all helped someone or somehow and we’re all a little more educated on these chronic illnesses.

I’ve talked about mental health, raising awareness, tips for bed bound, being positive, relationships and treatments. I thought I would finish with talking about how you are not your illness, your illness does not define you and how you are a lot more than that. 

Yes, you may suffer from a chronic illness like M.E and Fibro or you may know someone who does but that person is a lot more than that. Just like when someone asks what you are, meaning what do you do for a living normally, people will usually say they’re a nurse or a student or accountant, and so on. I think you’re not just your job title. For example:

I am a
Aspiring Actress
Sister
Daughter
Blogger
Massive Film Fan
Niece
Grand-daughter
Cousin
Friend
maybe even a Best Friend
Girlfriend
Sweet tooth
Photo Horder
Sarcastic
and plenty more!
But yes, I also suffer from a chronic illness or two.

The chronic illnesses don’t define who I am, its a part of me, but a very small part of me. I want to raise awareness and talk about my illness and if people have questions I’ll happily answer them but don’t just let that be all we talk about, I still have an opinion on if I thought last nights Corrie was decent or if the latest Hunger Games was my favourite in the series or not. There’s a lot more to someone than an illness and it goes for anyone, if they work in a hospital its likely they’re not gonna want to talk about it out of work much. I just want (and I think this goes for anyone like me) to feel a lot more normal than I am sometimes.

Thank you if you’ve stayed with me all week and read every post or any post I’ve done really.
I’ll be blogging a lot more from now on and not leaving it to one a month hopefully.
Take care and I’ll speak to you soon!
Natasha
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

Hello Everyone! Today is International M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness day!  There are lots of people all over the UK, actually, all over the world fundraising all week but especially today and you can do your bit too. As we cant run a sponsored marathon or anything energetic I believe that this Sunday the 17th we’re having a virtual Princess Tea Party where other sufferers and supporters will be dressing up as a princess and raising a cup of tea to M.E/CFS and Fibre Awareness Week which you can join too by using the hashtags #MEAwarenessWeek, #VirtualTeaPartyForME and #TeaPartyForME. I understand not everyone has the money to donate to charity, I myself don’t as I can’t work although I’m lucky enough that my parents can still support me through this difficult time. I’m determined to pay them back in the future somehow.  You can help spread awareness though too. I don’t know anyone who doesn't have social media these days, even my Grandad has now!  Twitter I

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be