Skip to main content

M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

Hello Everyone!

Today is International M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness day! 
There are lots of people all over the UK, actually, all over the world fundraising all week but especially today and you can do your bit too. As we cant run a sponsored marathon or anything energetic I believe that this Sunday the 17th we’re having a virtual Princess Tea Party where other sufferers and supporters will be dressing up as a princess and raising a cup of tea to M.E/CFS and Fibre Awareness Week which you can join too by using the hashtags #MEAwarenessWeek, #VirtualTeaPartyForME and #TeaPartyForME.

I understand not everyone has the money to donate to charity, I myself don’t as I can’t work although I’m lucky enough that my parents can still support me through this difficult time. I’m determined to pay them back in the future somehow. 

You can help spread awareness though too. I don’t know anyone who doesn't have social media these days, even my Grandad has now! 

Twitter
If You have Twitter you can Tweet the hashtag #MEAwarenessDay to help spread the word and show your support to me and my fellow spoonies. You can also retweet any spoonies posts as I’m sure we’ll all be out in force trying to raise as much awareness as possible.

Facebook
I’ll make a post on my Facebook which you can share and like or even comment on to spread the word and hopefully help to educate more and more people about these invisible illnesses. Also Facebook now use hashtags too. #MEAwarenessDay

Instagram
I’ll post a picture of me and something M.E related which you can all like and comment on and regram if you can and of course hashtag it with #MEAwarenessDay.

Blog
I’ll also post my link to my blog on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram where you can all share, retweet, comment, like and all that too. I’d really appreciate it as I’ve tried to post so much information about M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia over the past year and a half. As much as my poorly body can take me sat at my laptop. I’ll also post some old M.E and Fibre related posts on my social media pages throughout the week which you can share etc. 

Research
You could also educate yourself more and read old blog posts of mine or search for other bloggers on google as there are so many and read about other peoples experiences.
You can also go on the ME Associations website where they have lots of information about M.E/CFS and what you could do to help.
http://www.actionforme.org.uk/

It’s not asking much and wouldn’t take up a lot of time either, something so simple can help me and other spoonies feel less alone and like someone understands!

Donate
If you do want to donate which would be lovely and very, very much appreciated as we need funding for research and testing. You don’t have to donate a lot but every penny counts and you never know, your money could go towards finding a cure or a new form of treatment to help people who suffer from these horrible, horrible illnesses. You can find out where to donate on all these websites.
If you have any trouble finding these or any questions please let me know.

Thank you to anyone who helps us spoonies out!
Take care and I’ll speak to you tomorrow!
Natasha
xoxo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be