Skip to main content

Positivity is key!

Hello!

As you know from my last few blog posts I’ve had surgery recently so I’m sorry for my absence from here lately, it’s been pretty draining and that and lots of hospital/doctors visits. The surgery went without any hiccups or complications and luckily they didn’t find any Endometriosis or any reason at all for my stomach problems which is really good but also so frustrating because well, it means I’m back to square one. 

I’ve decided though, after many weeks of feeling sorry for myself that I need to be way more positive as I think positivity is key to getting better. I also have this massive urge to just do something with my life rather than letting this illness take over.

I’m not just going to be blogging about M.E/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety and my health but other things that interest me, my opinions on places I’ve been, clothes and beauty products I like maybe, reviews of a variety of things. I really do want to raise awareness of everything I’ve talked about so far but my life is not defined by these issues.

So to start off I’m slowly starting to set goals now and not just goals to do with my health but normal 21 year old goals:
to lose weight before my holiday and try to tone my body.
(unfortunately due to my condition I cant exercise much so I’ve put on weight since being ill and lost any muscle I had so it’d be nice to feel slimmer and myself again)
dye and cut my hair 
(I need something new in my life and it’s one thing thats easy to change, also I’ve had my hair this colour since I was born and lets face it, my hair is just never going to grow!) 
book more trips away
(even if its just for a weekend, it doesn't have to be a long holiday just to see some place new for a bit and get away from things.)
accomplish one thing a day
(even if its just something small it might help me feel like I've actually not wasted my day)
wake up earlier
(even if I’m still lying in bed for a while before I actually get out of bed)
blog more
(I mean, a lot more. It gives me so much satisfaction to hear from people who read my blog and its something I can do from my bed!)
plan things to look forward to
(this could include trips away like I said above but also days out, meeting up with friends, beauty treatments, etc.)

And my last main goal…
start a YouTube channel.
(well I need to build my confidence up again and I’ll be able to do this from my home and when I want to and feel up to it) 

Is this something worth doing? It’d just be a hobby for me, but does anyone actually think its worth me doing? This also wouldn't just be about me and having M.E etc but other things that interest me, a lot like this blog now but with the odd Vlog of what I’m up to too but nothing daily, my life really isn't interesting enough for that. Let me know what you think and if you’d like to see these vides. Also if you do, what would you like them to be about?

Hope you’re all having a lovely week :) 


xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be

M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

Hello Everyone! Today is International M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness day!  There are lots of people all over the UK, actually, all over the world fundraising all week but especially today and you can do your bit too. As we cant run a sponsored marathon or anything energetic I believe that this Sunday the 17th we’re having a virtual Princess Tea Party where other sufferers and supporters will be dressing up as a princess and raising a cup of tea to M.E/CFS and Fibre Awareness Week which you can join too by using the hashtags #MEAwarenessWeek, #VirtualTeaPartyForME and #TeaPartyForME. I understand not everyone has the money to donate to charity, I myself don’t as I can’t work although I’m lucky enough that my parents can still support me through this difficult time. I’m determined to pay them back in the future somehow.  You can help spread awareness though too. I don’t know anyone who doesn't have social media these days, even my Grandad has now!  Twitter I