Skip to main content

The past 3 years...

So I'm Natasha, I'm 20 and I'm from Huddersfield. I have a mad obsession for films (mainly Harry Potter and The Hunger Games) acting and accents. I hate bridges, speeches and anything that makes me cringe really.

Up until 3 years ago my life was pretty normal. I was in my final year at college studying Textiles, Media Studies and Photography A Level. I never enjoyed college, I always despised the thought of going and then when I finally got there I could understand why. It was so much different from school and the fact that my closest friends went to a different college (I wanted to study the less 'academic' subjects) didn't help. I was also bullied throughout both years of college which was similar to school but I suppose I stupidly thought that everyone would have grown up in college. 

After Christmas 2010 I was off college for a total of 6 weeks with suspected Glandular Fever. Since then I have never felt 'normal' again. The aches and pains like what you would have with a Fever or Flu never seemed to leave and gradually got worse and worse. I managed to finished my A Levels with 3 C's which unfortunately wasn't my predicted grades but I did get a place at Manchester Met Uni studying Fashion Buying. I only managed two weeks there, if that. 

After 9 months in and out of the doctors and tests at the hospital I was finally diagnosed with M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia. It was a great feeling knowing what it finally was, after being embarrassed for months and being accused TWICE of having STD's even though I did go along and get tested to prove they were wrong. I was never asked about my personal life they just assumed. 

After all the strain of doctors, tests, not being believed, being accused of this, that and the other I have since suffered from depression and anxiety. I found life hard and too much some days, I still go to bed at night dreading waking up and having to deal with everything every day. I have come to realize that there is no cure for this but they're ways of making things that little bit bearable.  

I've started this blog not only to tell you about my life and living with this horrible illness but also if you want to ask any questions and i'll answer them in the next blog or have an advice for me at all. I'll hopefully be able to give my opinion on M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia and let you know what treatments I have tried and if anything has helped at all. 

Natasha xo

p.s. I'll upload photos next time :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be

30 Years of Mr and Mrs Spychalski

27.06.1987 - Mum and Dad's Wedding Day. On the 27th of June 1987 was Pamela Robinson and Richard Spychalski's wedding day, soon to be my Mum and Dad. I wasn’t around 30 years ago. People still say it was the best wedding they’d ever been to, that's probably because of the free bottle of vodka they placed on every table. Mum and Dad lets face it, the six years of marriage without me in it were pretty dull. I must have been the best anniversary gift you’ve ever received the day after your six year anniversary, I guess Dad was pleased he could save money on a gift that year, until he found out I was a girl and realised the small amount of money on a gift for mum is nothing compared to the money spent on a daughter for the rest of his life. You're welcome Dad. If I’m honest I don’t know how they haven’t both packed up and moved away from me, together or not, although they are on holiday together this week, without me. My Mum will be up all day and night