Skip to main content

Update in Florida

Hello Strangers!

It’s been a few months since I last blogged. I’ve been pretty ill and tired and now I’m in Florida!

I’ve been in Florida since the 16th of September so exactly three weeks now. I came here with my Mum for some rest for 2 months and to get away from everything back home. My Dad’s here now for two weeks too.

I’ve been pretty busy here so I wondered if there was anything anyone would like me to tell them about or tips and advice or reviews on anything? 

It’s been tough recently and there’s been some big changes to my life personally. I’ve also had problems with certain people and there negative comments about my illness too. I just can’t understand why people could be so rude and want to hurt someone like that. How can you not think in your head that you wouldn’t like it if you were in this situation?

It’s been so good to get away from people like that and just have a rest without feeling neighbours or strangers are thinking I’m lazy or not even ill. Also I get to see new Once Upon A Time when its out on a Sunday and new Big Bang Theory on a Monday. Any other 22 year olds would want a holiday in Ibiza drinking until they fall but I must prefer an adrenaline rush on a rollercoaster and being a big kid in theme parks. 

Hopefully whilst I’m here I’ll be doing some new things too. I’m going to write like a weekly diary blog on Sundays and I’ll post about these first three weeks before. 

Sorry this isn’t much, it’s just a little update and there’ll be lots more posts and pictures from now.

Also a new layout soon!

Take care, 
Natasha Jade

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be

My week of HELL.

Hello again! First of all I want to say thank you to any comments, messages and emails I have received since I started this blog. I didn’t think anyone would even read it. It means a lot to me the amount of support there is and that people understand M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia even that little bit more. So first I’ll talk about the Lidocaine Infusion I had two weeks ago. Basically I sit in a chair and they hook me up to all the machines that check your heart beat etc. Then they take your blood pressure and weigh you to check everything is okay for you to go ahead with it. Then they put the cannula into your hand and add the drip which slowly for an hour and a half puts the anaesthetic into you. Then they take your blood pressure every 10 minutes whilst you just sit there (bored). After the infusion I didn’t feel any different apart from feeling dizzy. The next day I did think the pain in my arms was better which was good but my legs just seemed to get worse and worse.