Skip to main content

Pacing Myself.

I haven’t posted for a while, I’m sorry to anyone who’s still interested.

I’ve actually been busy for once since my last post. I've been away on holiday for two weeks to Florida which has become my second home over the years. The two weeks were supposedly for some rest but we couldn’t help but go to some of the theme parks and water parks. I ended up coming home ill after the two weeks and had to make another trip into A&E a week later as I wasn't getting any better and you all must know how hard it is to get appointments with GP’s. Me and my mum made our way to A&E around 5am and after being seen by a really lovely team and so quickly too I was sent home being told they thought it was a virus but luckily nothing major wrong with me (not like I needed anything else on top of all this).

After this virus finally left my system it was my 21st birthday which I stupidly decided to have a party (American themed of course, us Spychalski’s don’t throw ordinary parties) anyway, I say stupidly as I ended up having a panic attack halfway through the night after everyone was supposed to be singing happy birthday to me, as you do, I couldn't bare all these faces staring at me, which I wouldn't have minded 3 years ago but my confidence has just left since.  I didn't even realise how many people I had invited and that didn't even include the didn't even bother to ask’ plus ones. (yes, I was pretty pissed off at this)  As the night went on I finally enjoyed myself, but I don’t think I’ll be having another party for a while, but I wouldn't hold me to that.

Then since the sun has decided to grace us with its presence for the past 3 or 4 weeks and now friends have finished with Uni  I've been pretty busy. Everyone’s been having BBQ’s and days out at the pub in beer gardens etc. It’s been nice, but tiring. Whilst fitting in doctors and hospital appointments I've just about survived it all.

I had my second Lidocaine Infusion which went okay I think. I ended up laughing at myself cause I was so dizzy and couldn't feel one of my arms for about half an hour or so. Longer term effects (about 3-4 weeks) my arms don’t feel in so much pain at the moment. Hopefully I’ll be able to have my next one just before I go to America again so I might not need to use the wheelchair as much.

I've been seeing two different psychologists, one which my mum found privately and one from the NHS. I have to say even though the NHS one is free, I don’t find them helpful at all, I find it a real waste of time. But the one my mum found privately has been really helpful and I’m finally managing to use pacing. I did try pacing before but never really did properly. I've been writing down on a chart what I do every hour and how tired I felt out of 10. (10 being very tired, 1 being not tired at all) I've found that if I spend more than 2 hours doing something without a rest, even if it’s something mental draining, even watching TV or reading, I tend to get more tired and wake up later the next day. It’s quite hard when you go out with mates and you want to go home early and they don’t understand why. I’m still struggling to pace myself as when I have any energy I just want to do everything and it’s so hard to see everyone getting on with things, especially in this weather.

I was also prescribed Tramadol which works so well but I think it also made me feel sick so I’m a bit wary of using it now as I hate the feeling of being sick. Apparently using it with the Pregabalin that I’m also prescribed it works even better. I wouldn't suggest using this unless you've tried everything else as Tramadol can be pretty strong but it seems to be the only thing that has worked for me.

I've also finally been given a Gynaecology Appointment for August 18th to see if I have Endometriosis which I’m really happy about, not that I might have Endo but that I finally after 3 years got an appointment and the GP took me seriously.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Hopefully I’ll have more to talk about next time as I feel like I've forgotten everything. I think I've left it too long this time.

Natasha
xoxo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Eventually Wake Up

I’ve lost track of what day of the week we’re on, what month or season. I’m dripping in sweat, it feels like Summer, but then I’m shivering, so is it Winter? I realise its still daytime from the stream of light peaking through sides of the blinds. The beauty of a sunrise or sunset taken away by the burning in my eyes. The birds singing outside that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Every car driving past my window, the mumbling through my floorboards of my family watching TV, the postman at the door, the gardener mowing the lawn, all irritating me like an itch that you just can’t scratch. My chest feels so heavy that I can’t lift it off the mattress, my shoulders pinned down by the invisible weights. My heads pounding and burning like any other young adult would after a long weekend, only mines not self inflicted by over priced cocktails and 99p shots. I lay their in pain from my toes to the top of my head, my legs restless, unable to find a comfortable position even in my cloud

Doctors, Hospitals and No Success.

I decided I think I should explain exactly what I have been through with the doctors and hospitals including treatments. As I explained in my post 'The Past 3 Years...' this all started just over 3 years ago now. I started having flu like symptoms just after Christmas 2010 and after seeing the doctors every week I was finally tested about 5 weeks later for Glandular Fever, by this time the doctor said the virus would probably have left my system so my blood tests all came back fine. Unfortunately there was never a definite answer for this mystery illness that started these long, long years. After finally going back to college and completing my A Levels and having my 18th birthday in June 2011 I went back to the doctors after the cold, blocked nose and coughing symptoms had gone but left me still aching all over, mainly in my legs.  At the beginning of August 2011 I went to the doctors AGAIN and I was sent to the 'GUM' department of the Princess Royal Hospital to be

M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day!

Hello Everyone! Today is International M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness day!  There are lots of people all over the UK, actually, all over the world fundraising all week but especially today and you can do your bit too. As we cant run a sponsored marathon or anything energetic I believe that this Sunday the 17th we’re having a virtual Princess Tea Party where other sufferers and supporters will be dressing up as a princess and raising a cup of tea to M.E/CFS and Fibre Awareness Week which you can join too by using the hashtags #MEAwarenessWeek, #VirtualTeaPartyForME and #TeaPartyForME. I understand not everyone has the money to donate to charity, I myself don’t as I can’t work although I’m lucky enough that my parents can still support me through this difficult time. I’m determined to pay them back in the future somehow.  You can help spread awareness though too. I don’t know anyone who doesn't have social media these days, even my Grandad has now!  Twitter I